Subject: gitster is getting back to normal, slowly

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 08:34:03 -0700

Here is a brief status update from me.

I am back from a Japan trip to attend the one-year-after-funeral service
for my stepfather and a vacation.  I did not plan to touch keyboard while
in there but I ended up giving a 3-hour git talk to about two dozen git
users (but none of the people I know from this list) and would-be users [*1*].

I am going through my mailing list backlog, and it will probably be a few
more days before I can fully catch up.  In the meantime, I've pulled from
Shawn, who again did a wonderful job of being an interim maintainer [*2*],
and pushed the result out, but I am afraind that my trees will lag behind
his for a few more days.  If things go well, I expect to ask Shawn to stop
applying patches at the end of Sunday and take it over from there.

[Footnote]

*1* If you happen to read/speak Japanese, you might be interested in these
links:

    http://d.hatena.ne.jp/takagimasahiro/20081008/1223413046
    http://d.hatena.ne.jp/kunit/20081004

*2* Thanks, Shawn.  Part of me is very much tempted to ask him being an
interim maintainer for a few more weeks so that I can see how it feels
like to be a contributor again, but I'd refrain from doing so ;-)