Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] GIT 1.5.3

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 17:19:00 -0700

Sean <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 15:13:09 -0700
> Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> ...
>> For majority of general public, I thought the spec file _I_
>> ship, along with RPM files _I_ build, are contrib status
>> already.  Don't distro people do their own RPM packages, instead
>> of using what I placed on k.org?
>
> Didn't know you used RPM yourself, so I guess this is just
> a case of something slipping through rather than the spec file
> needing a maintainer.

Well, I do not _use_ it, but the RPM I have on k.org and mention
as part of the announcement are built by me by typing "make
rpm".  What I meant to say was that these RPM files may not be
"official" at all from the point of view of distro users, and I
suspect that distro "package maintainers" for git would not be
doing just a plain vanilla "make rpm" using the spec file that
comes as part of git.git repository.