Subject: Re: [OT] Your branch is ahead of the tracked remote branch 'origin/master' by 50 commits.

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 16:55:02 -0700

Miklos Vajna <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 01:22:35PM +0200, Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> [ Oh, and i could switch between git versions without having to rebuild
>>   ;-) ]
>
> I remember about a mail from Junio where he wrote he has a lot of
> versions installed under ~/git/git-version. So usually he has git from
> next as default and he can try ~/git/git-1.5.4/git if he want 1.5.4,
> etc.

Yup.

I have $HOME/git-active/bin on my $PATH and then these:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 junio junio   10 2008-05-25 18:13 /home/junio/git-active -> git-master
drwxr-sr-x 6 junio junio 4096 2007-04-04 02:49 /home/junio/git-maint
drwxr-sr-x 5 junio junio 4096 2007-12-14 22:46 /home/junio/git-master
drwxr-sr-x 6 junio junio 4096 2008-06-23 22:02 /home/junio/git-next
drwxr-sr-x 7 junio junio 4096 2007-12-02 02:52 /home/junio/git-pu
drwxr-sr-x 4 junio junio 4096 2006-10-14 22:43 /home/junio/git-snap-v1.0.0
drwxr-sr-x 4 junio junio 4096 2007-01-11 22:27 /home/junio/git-snap-v1.1.0
drwxr-sr-x 4 junio junio 4096 2007-01-11 22:26 /home/junio/git-snap-v1.2.0
drwxr-sr-x 4 junio junio 4096 2007-01-11 22:24 /home/junio/git-snap-v1.3.0
...
drwxr-sr-x 5 junio junio 4096 2008-06-07 12:11 /home/junio/git-snap-v1.5.5.4
drwxr-sr-x 5 junio junio 4096 2008-06-26 17:33 /home/junio/git-snap-v1.5.5.5
drwxr-sr-x 5 junio junio 4096 2008-06-25 14:41 /home/junio/git-test

my "Make" and "Doit" scripts that arrange the $(prefix) for these builds
are found in my 'todo' branch.