Subject: Re: [PATCH] Documentation: rename gitlink macro to linkgit

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 21:50:19 -0800

Yannick Gingras <[email-masked]> writes:

> Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Stuart, is there anything we can help you to set up some automated
>> tests to catch AsciiDoc regression, so we do not have to suffer like
>> this again?
>
> We considered adding a nose test suite.  The upcoming v9.0 release
> involves quite a bit of code massaging and we will definitely need an
> extensive test suite.  But the test suite can only catch obvious
> rendering failures so any help in eyeballing the output will be
> appreciated.

You could go fancy like that, but I suspect that an automated
test to compare the text dump (e.g. "links -dump doc.html")
generated by before and after version, perhaps with minimum
massaging, would go a long enough way.  At least that would have
caught the "gitlink" breakage, wouldn't it?