Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/4] git-archive: wire up TAR format.

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:53:42 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Rene Scharfe <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I did not sign off this exact patch.  I wrote and submitted the
>> builtin-tar-tree.c part, with memory leak and all, then sent a note
>> on where the leak needs to be plugged.  You put it together and
>> converted it to struct archiver_args.  I'd very much have liked to
>> see a comment stating this.  Or simply just say "based on code by
>> Rene" or something.  The same is true for patch 3/4.
>>...
>> Especially I would not have signed off this invisible comment. ;)
>
> I take your response is a mild NAK.

Just to reduce everybody's pain, why don't I fix them up and
push out the 4 series in "pu" with attribution clarification and
review comments from Rene in mind, so that you two can Ack them?
After that they will be placed on "next".

I needed to apply small tweaks on 1/4 (ANSI-C pedantic did not
like empty struct initializers) and 4/4 (the updated 1/1 needed
the way struct archiver is initialized and used be different
from the original one) as well.