Subject: Re: What's in git.git (stable frozen)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2008 13:22:57 -0800

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> Yes, I considered making a %palette, as well, but it just seemed a
> little gratuitous (and the nice thing about using variables is that they
> catch typos better).

Yes, to a certain extent with Perl (I think if you make the same
typo twice you won't get much help, and that is quite easy to
trigger with variable name autocompletion and cut-and-paste).

I suspect "if (!$menu_use_color)" might need to be refined in
sub "highlight_prefix".  It should be tied with $prompt_color
somehow (i.e. either it is undef or the "plain" color),
shouldn't it?

But other than that the result looks quite nice.  I shuffled the
patches around and the resulting series consists of three patches:

 - "remove unused diff colors";

 - "color.diff" colors diff, "color.interactive" colors
   interaction (squashed the original with change to the "sub
   colored" to use palette setting instead of $use_color as the
   cue);

 - documentation update to redefine the color.interactive
   semantics;