Subject: Re: [PATCH] documentation: Makefile accounts for SHELL_PATH setting

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 13:42:39 -0700

Nanako Shiraishi <[email-masked]> writes:

> Quoting Ben Walton:
>
>> Ensure that the Makefile that generates and installs the Documentation
>> is aware of any SHELL_PATH setting.  Use this value if found or the
>> current setting for SHELL if not.  This is an accommodation for systems
>> where sh is not bash.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Ben Walton <[email-masked]>
>
> Junio, may I ask what happened to this patch?

There was a discussion going that eventurally petered out without seeing
success (or breakage) reports from people with various platforms.

I think the patch text is Ok, with "where sh is not bash" in the log
message rephrased to "where sh is not POSIX", but I do not have an easy
access to a system where /bin/sh is broken (perhaps I should install
OpenSolaris in a vbox to try out), so it is still sitting in my inbox.