Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] parse-opt: migrate builtin-ls-files.

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 12:04:44 -0800

Miklos Vajna <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 07:16:38PM -0800, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Miklos Vajna <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> > Was this dropped on the floor by accident?
>> 
>> I am not fundamentally opposed to the parseopt conversion, but I was
>> somewhat discouraged from taking another one, after we got burned by the
>> one that converted git-apply without much visible gain but with a new bug.
>> 
>> Because ls-files is a plumbing, it has somewhat lower priority for user
>> friendliness than any other patches currently in-flight on the list; hence
>> it has been backburnered.  It still is kept in my Inbox.
>
> I'm just asking again as I see the parseopt patch for builtin-config now
> on the list.
>
> Should I just resend this patch after v1.6.2?

You can do it either way, and a resend after v1.6.2 is certainly
appreciated,

As I said earlier in "What's cooking", 'pu' and 'next' are open during
this freeze cycle as an experiment.

I limit my bandwidth for handing anything non-fix during the rc freeze
period as always.  The only difference from previous cycles is that the
cap used to be set to near-absolute-zero, but in this cycle it is not.

It still is capped and updates to 'pu' and 'next' are "as time permits"
basis.