Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/6] gitweb: Further refactoring

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 03:01:50 -0700

The earlier 9-series looked fine, so I intend to apply them all
to "next".  However, they were all tab damaged and it was very
painful to fix up the patch.

This series, PATCH 1/5 (6?) looks fine (it is a bugfix for
git_diff_print), but among others, one of them had a seriously
fishy preimage (e.g. as you can see in "next", I haven't
accepted the function rename patch but 3/6 talks about
format_mark_referencing), and at that point my patience ran out.

Please check what I pushed out on "next"/"pu" tonight, and
consider patches missing from there dropped on the floor for now
(which does not mean they are rejected, except for the one that
touches diff_print and still uses /usr/bin/diff, which I
commented on).  It probably is a good idea to make sure further
patches resent are based on (or at least apply cleanly to) the
commit f16db173a4680aebc2f14c103a1e125c3f4d4531.

Please note that I am primarily concentrating on polishing what
is in "master" to finish 1.4.2 for now, so I might have missed
breakage in these gitweb patches that I queued for "next".

Comments, tests and fixups are all very welcomed.