Subject: Re: [PATCH] gitweb.js: Harden setting blamed commit info in incremental blame

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 16:34:18 -0800

Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> writes:

> Below there is request-pull with reordered series, unless you want me
> to resend this series as a set of patches, as reply to this email.

It is too late for that, as they are already in 'next'.  I do not think it
is necessary nor desirable, either.

With the "Create links" commit, you are _adding_ a new link that leads to
a new feature with known breakage, not _replacing_ a link that leads to an
existing working implementation with one that does not work for some
people, no?

Merging everything else but not merging that commit does not make any
sense.  It won't give any wider exposure to the feature, and is no better
than carrying the entire thing in 'next' (or 'pu') post 1.6.6.

A follow-up patch to add a gitweb configuration switch that disables the
non-working view by default but allows site owners to enable it in order
to help improving the feature would be a sensible thing to do.  As long as
that patch is solidly done we can merge the whole thing to 'master' in the
upcoming release.