Subject: Re: [PATCH] Teach/Fix pull/fetch -q/-v options

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 20:21:35 -0700

Nanako Shiraishi <[email-masked]> writes:

> Quoting Tuncer Ayaz <[email-masked]>:
>
>> After fixing clone -q I noticed that pull -q does not do what
>> it's supposed to do and implemented --quiet/--verbose by
>> adding it to builtin-merge and fixing two places in builtin-fetch.
>
> Junio, may I ask what the status of this patch is? Maybe the patch was lost in the noise? The commit log message is written very differently from existing commits in the history of git, and I am thinking that maybe that is why you did not like the whole patch? Or is it lack of any test script?

Well, perhaps you've been with us long enough to get too picky like
myself, but this was genuinely lost in the noise and my scrambling to get
back to normal.  We do not typically say "I did this, I did that", but the
first paragraph in Tuncer's message is perfectly fine.  I would probably
liked the second paragraph better if it were after --- lines (it is more
about the possible enhancements in other areas, and does not belong to the
commit log message for this change), but it is not a grave enough offence
to get the patch rejected.

The patch itself looks Ok; the lack of test script additions does indeed
bother me somewhat, but it is not too big a deal.

P.S. We are having fun at GitTogether'08 in the first half of this week,
so please expect slower response than usual.