Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] GIT 1.5.6.2

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 02:30:20 -0700

Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> writes:

> Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> The RPM binary packages for a few architectures are also provided as
>> courtesy.  As the machine I cut them at kernel.org has been updated to FC9
>> recently, their filenames now have .fc9. in them.
>> 
>>   RPMS/$arch/git-*-1.5.6.2-1.fc9.$arch.rpm	(RPM)
>
> This unfortunately includes also SRPMS (.src.rpm), even though the
> source RPM from git repository is not distribution specific.  I think
> that src.rpm should drop '.fc9.' from name

It is whatever rpmbuild command does.  Not my problem.

Having said that, I vaguely recall some people from non Fedora nor RH
distros based on RPM were talking about how their .spec file would be
different from the one for FC.  Presumably the resulting SRPM would be
also distro specific, wouldn't it?