Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] GIT 1.5.4-rc5

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 17:25:31 -0800

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 02:56:41AM -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
>> Gustaf Hendeby (1):
>>       send-email, fix breakage in combination with --compose
>
> I submitted a followup test for this problem, but there was no
> response. Can I please get an ACK/NAK/"resend after 1.5.4"?
>
> For reference, the original message-id was:
>
>   <[email-masked]>

Heh, that's aonly a week ago but already you need to dig almost
500 messages back to get there.  That MacOSX thread really
killed our human performance.

[1/3] is Ok, probably even for 1.5.4.

[2/3] The use of "test -e" slightly ticked my compatibility
worry (instead use "test -f" or "test -d" when able) but non
prehistoric POSIX systems should grok it just fine these days.

[3/3] as you said was questionable in its introduction of a flag
that used primarily for testing.  Since the whole point of [2/3]
is to make [3/3] possible, I was inclined to put both on hold.