Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use --no-color option on git log commands.

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 20:45:02 -0800

Pascal Obry <[email-masked]> writes:

> Junio C Hamano a écrit :
>> The patch is good as belt-and-suspender, thanks.
>
> Ok.
>
>> But I suspect that we should make 'true' to mean 'auto' someday in
>> git_config_colorbool().  Crazy people can set 'always' if they really
>> wanted to, but most normal people would not want color unless the output
>> goes to the terminal, I would think.
>
> I definitely agree. I add it set to true, using auto instead I do not
> have the problem. Anyway I still think that it is good to apply my patch
> to completely avoid such issues.

Yes, that is what I said.

Except that the patch is severely whitespace damaged, and the message
lack a sign-off.

I fixed them up by hand, so no need to resend.