Subject: Re: [msysGit] Re: safecrlf not in 1.5.4

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:41:29 -0800

Steffen Prohaska <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Jan 14, 2008, at 8:30 AM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
>> By definition of 'maint', 1.5.4.X are to fix bugs in the
>> features that are in 1.5.4, so the answer is no.
>
> I expected this answer.

And it won't change.

>> But we could end up having a short cycle for 1.5.5 if we agree
>> that the lack of crlf=safe is a severe bug that is worth fixing
>> post 1.5.4.
> ...
> So I should try harder to find better arguments.  But this has
> time until the 1.5.4 release is out.  For now, I am being quiet.

Instead, you could be louder and convince people that it is a
severe bug worth fixing before 1.5.4, like Linus did with the
issue with performance regression on a partial commit.  It's
entirely your choice.

> (Well, I'll continue to improve the safecrlf patch and most
> likely will send it to the list, too...)

Please do.  "I am currently not convinced" does not mean "I am
always right" nor "I won't reconsider".