Subject: Re: [PATCH] tests: git push mirror mode tests V2

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 12:05:43 -0800

Andy Whitcroft <[email-masked]> writes:

> +test_expect_success 'push mirror does not create new branches' '
> +
> +	mk_repo_pair &&
> +	(
> +		cd master &&
> +		echo one >foo && git add foo && git commit -m one &&
> +		git push --mirror up
> +	) &&
> +	master_master=$(cd master && git show-ref -s --verify refs/heads/master) &&
> +	mirror_master=$(cd mirror && git show-ref -s --verify refs/heads/master) &&
> +	test "$master_master" = "$mirror_master"
> +
> +'

I am quite puzzled by this and many other "does not" in the test
description.  The --mirror option is advertised as

 - newly created will be pushed;
 - locally updated will be force pushed;
 - locally deleted will be removed.

which makes sense as we do want these things to happen for
"mirrors".  Indeed the above updates master branch at the master
repository and makes sure that change is propagated to the
mirror repository.  The description should read "push mirror
creates new branches" shouldn't it?