Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/5] Yet another builtin-fetch round

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 22:09:42 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Daniel Barkalow <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, Shawn O. Pearce wrote:
>>
>>> Another short series for db/fetch-pack, still in pu.  Aside from
>>> optimizing the pipeline on the native transport (so we only invoke
>>> the remote process we need once vs. twice) I'm actually now quite
>>> comfortable with this whole series and think it is ready for next.
>>
>> While it's still in pu, should these series of corrections be amended into 
>> the original series (for the ones that correct new code)? Most of the 
>> before-fixing states aren't worth saving as project history.
>
> Yeah, I was wondering if that is a sane thing to do.  It is
> merely additional work to arrive at the same tree state, but
> might be a good investment in the longer term.

Heh, I did not realize that they are now all part of 'next' so
that's moot.