Subject: Re: What's in git.git (stable)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 18:14:24 -0800

Luben Tuikov <[email-masked]> writes:

> --- Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Luben Tuikov <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> >> I am not quite sure about that.  An old timer would work in a
>> >> newly cloned repository after all, and what this "newbie
>> >> protection" is breaking is not existing repositories but
>> >> expectation from existing users.
>> >
>> > Hmm, "newbie protection" doesn't sound good.  It sounds like
>> > "screw the old-timers and let's change well-established workflow".
>> 
>> As far as I am concerned, this is a topic already closed four
>> days ago with commit fb8696d9.
>> 
>> Are you way too behind, are you rubbing it in, or am I
>> hallucinating and fb8696d9 did not actually fix it?
>
> I'm behind.  I'll pull and take a look at that commit.

Thanks.

And sorry that I sounded harsher than necessary.  Between the
two paragraphs, I meant to say "... with commit fb8696d9.  It
was a mistake, I broke existing workflows, I apologized, and the
commit should have fixed it".