Subject: What's in git.git

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 01:44:09 -0700

* The 'master' branch has these since the last announcement.

 - Update xdiff (Davide Libenzi)
 - Add diff --stat and --patch-with-stat (Johannes Schindelin)
 - Miscellaneous fixes (A Large Angry SCM, Linus, Serge
   E. Hallyn, Yann Dirson, me)
 - Fix rev-list --boundary (me)
 - Update gitk (Paul Mackerras)

* The 'next' branch, in addition, has these.

 - Common option parsing for "git log --diff" and friends (Linus)
 - Log message printout cleanups (Linus)
 - Log/show/whatchanged commands are now built-in (Linus and me)
 - Similarity fingerprint (Geert Bosch)
 - Define "log --stat" to be "stat with first parent" (Linus and me)

The commits on the lt/logopt branch (part of "next" branch) are
proving to be more stable and safe enough to use.  It cleans up
the code quote a lot,

I'm really resisting the temptation to merge these before 1.3.0.
There is a slight output format change from diff-tree --pretty;
while I would not expect no Porcelains is affected in practice,
technically this is a backward incompatible change, so...

Anyway, they will be merged immediately after the big release.