Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-difftool: allow skipping file by typing 'n' at prompt

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 12:28:13 -0700

Phil Hord <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> I think I've seen this done as: "do this? [Y/n]" elsewhere.
>>
>> Not telling you what to do, but trying to feel what others may think.
>
> I think so, too.  The [y]/n syntax is not clear enough for me to
> confidently know what the default value will be.

One downside of "do this [Y,n,m,o,p,q]? " is that it limits us to
lowercase responses, which means we cannot assign 'q' for quitting from
the innermost nested context and assign 'Q' for quitting from the whole
interactive loop (e.g. "git add -p").

    "do this [y,n,m,o,p,q] (default=y)? "

may have been a better choice in hindsight.

No matter what we end up doing, let's try to be consistent.

Thanks.