Subject: Re: Official Git Homepage change? Re: git-scm.com

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 21:49:42 -0700

Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, 25 Jul 2008, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
>> It's also somewhat interesting to observe that several people I have 
>> never heard of in the git circle are simultaneously doing new git books, 
>> apparently never asking for much technical advice from core git people, 
>> by the way.
>
> FWIW my criticism in the same direction was met with ridicule, which does 
> not let me expect much of them.

Oh, mine was not a criticism but was just an observation.

Maybe the folks we consider as "git community members" are either too
narrow, or too detached from the "real user community", and it could be
that git books are better written without us.

I am not being sarcastic nor sardonic; we may simply be too close to git,
we may have been breathing git for too long, and what feels the most
natural thing to be taught first for us may not be the best first thing to
be taught to the new people (even though they may eventually grow to think
like we do when they become proficient enough).