Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/2] Submodules: Add the new config option "ignore"

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 16:27:30 -0700

Jens Lehmann <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am 28.07.2010 23:35, schrieb Junio C Hamano:
>> Jens Lehmann <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>>> The .gitmodules file is parsed for "submodule.<name>.ignore" entries
>>> before looking for them in .git/config. Thus settings found in .git/config
>>> will override those from .gitmodules,...
>> 
>> Hmph.
>> 
>> The value of "submodule.<name>.path" does not have to be "<name>".  There
>> seems to be a bit of confusion here.
>
> Thanks for clearing up my confusion, this is v2 of this patch using the
> path configured for the submodule instead of its name.

Hmph, I thought that it would make more sense to use <name> so that once
the user configures ignore in .git/config, it will persist across moving
of the submodule in the superproject tree.  I wonder what others would
think.

Will queue, anyway.

Thanks.