Subject: Re: [PATCH] commit-graph: add new config for changed-paths & recommend it in scalar

From: Derrick Stolee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2025 08:32:23 -0400

On 10/9/2025 5:01 PM, Emily Yang via GitGitGadget wrote:
> From: Emily Yang <[email-masked]>
>     Hello,
>     
>     I'm Emily and I'm interested in contributing to Git. This is my first
>     contribution to Git, super excited!
>     
>     I'm from Microsoft and spend most of my time working in the Office
>     MonoRepo (OMR, one of the largest repos in the world). Recently I've
>     been working with Derrick Stolee on Git performance related topics. We'd
>     love to propose a small enhancement on the existing changed-paths Bloom
>     filters feature to benefit large repos like OMR. Please kindly review
>     the code and provide your feedback!

Congratulations on your first Git submission, Emily!

For the rest on the list, Emily and I work together in support of engineering
systems at Microsoft, and her team is particularly interested in Git
performance for the Office monorepo. This first patch is hopefully one of
many to follow as we build up more people with the right expertise to make
changes to Git, especially at our boundaries of scale.

I've already done a "pre-review" of this patch as part of mentoring Emily in
her journey to Git contribution.

Thanks,
-Stolee