Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/6] maintenance: use packaged systemd units

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 10:08:52 +0000

On 24/03/2024 17:03, Eric Sunshine wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 24, 2024 at 10:55 AM Phillip Wood <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> 5 - documentation updates
>>     I'm on the fence about having these in a separate commit like the
>>     current patch 5 or updating the documentation when the code is
>>     changed.
> 
> It's generally more reviewer-friendly to bundle documentation change
> into the patch which changes the observable behavior. This way, a
> reviewer has the behavior change fresh in mind and can verify that the
> revised documentation matches the new implementation. Same goes for
> revising tests in the same patch which changes behavior (though, of
> course, revising tests at the same time as the change of behavior is
> also mandatory for maintaining bisectability).

Good point, I think a couple of the documentation changes like 
recommending "systemctl --user edit" were improving the existing docs 
and so they should be in a separate commit at the start of the series. 
The other patches should update the documentation as the code changes.

Thanks

Phillip