Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/7] Bisect dunno

From: David Kastrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 08:17:16 +0200

"David Symonds" <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 16/10/2007, David Kastrup <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Geert Bosch <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>> > On Oct 15, 2007, at 13:53, David Symonds wrote:
>> >> That's also why I suggested "skip"; you might not be able to test a
>> >> particular commit, but you might also not *want* to test a particular
>> >> commit for some reason.
>> >
>> > Skip seems a great choice: it directly expresses the wish to
>> > not consider a certain commit. The reason is unimportant.
>>
>> But it is an _action_, while "good" and "bad" are properties.
>
> "skipped", then.

"good" and "bad" are descriptive.  "to be skipped" would be necessary
to fit it.

> Either way, something like this has got to be much better than
> "dunno".

"undecided" still has my vote, and I could live with "unknown".
Everything that has been proposed since then is, in my opinion,
strictly worse.

-- 
David Kastrup, Kriemhildstr. 15, 44793 Bochum