Subject: Re: From P4 to Git

From: Arnaud Bailly <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 14:31:42 +0200

Thanks all for your detailed answers.

Playing with git on various environments, I have a couple more questions
that I could not (quickly) find answers on the web.
 1. when checkout-ing on NTFS, I got all my files marked as changed
 because of file permissions set from 100644 to 100755. I see there is a
 config flag about file permissions (core.sharedRepository ?) but not
 sure how to use it
 2. I am working with NTFS on a truecrypt managed USB HD and I noticed
 an order of magnitude difference in speed (ie. about 10x for checkout
 of 50k files) between this and my ext3 FS  on laptop HD. Is this
 expected ? Some people here reported slowness on non-encrypted NTFS and
 I think I read a couple of web fragments about speed difference between
 the 2. WDYT ?

Regards,
-- 
Arnaud Bailly -- OQube
<software engineering>
http://www.oqube.com/