Subject: From P4 to Git

From: Arnaud Bailly <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 22:14:34 +0200

Hello,
I am investigating the use of Git in a setting where we:
 1. branches a lot
 2. have a very large codebase

Given Git is developed to handle these 2 issues, I suspect it would be a
very good choice, but I need to gather some experiments feedback and
hard figures on how Git performs (storage use, necessary
bandwidth/resources, maintainance of repositories, cleanup & gc...).

For the experiment part, I am started working on it but would be
interested in other people's experiences.

For the figures part, I think I read somewhere there exists some
statistics on Git usage for Linux kernel. Is this correct ? If true,
where could I find them ? 

Thanks in advance for answering my (maybe pointless) questions and for
producing such a nice piece of software.
-- 
Arnaud Bailly