Subject: Re: [RFC 0/3] Make git more user-friendly during a merge conflict

From: Stephen Leake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 10:50:25 -0600

Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]> writes:

> $ git status
> On branch master
> nothing to commit, working directory clean
> $

ok, you've lost your conflict resolutions.

>> In fact, it now seems that 'git reset --mixed' is always the same as
>> 'git reset --merge'. So I must be missing something!
>
> "git reset --merge" is an alias for "git merge --abort" (IIRC, it's
> actually the other way around). Essentially, it reverts, or tries to
> revert everything (worktree and index) as it was before the merge. That
> includes throwing away conflict resolution.

Ok.

> Now, I do agree that the documentation of "git reset" is terrible, 

Ok, good.

So is this a sufficient bug report to request that the documentation be
fixed? (I obviously don't know enough to even think about submitting a
patch).

-- 
-- Stephe