Subject: Re: `git stash pop` UX Problem

From: Stephen Leake <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 11:27:46 -0600

Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]> writes:

> Stephen Leake <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> So it appears that adding a file _does_ tell git that the conflict is
>> resolved.
>
> Yes it does. Git _knows_ that you consider the conflict to be resolved.
> It cannot know how happy you are with the result.
>
> Similarly, in a conflicted merge, the last "git add" does not trigger a
> commit silently. And a silent commit would be much less serious than a
> silent data drop.

Ok, I see your point now.

So a message "merge complete; you can drop the stash" would be the most
git should do.

-- 
-- Stephe