Subject: lost again on syntax change - local repository?

From: [email-masked] (Randal L. Schwartz)
Date: 27 Nov 2005 18:01:18 -0800

OK, something that I understood broke again. :)
Repeating the steps from my previous attempt to understand repositories,
knowing that cg-push has been updated:

    localhost:~/Projects/Git/Play % cg-admin-setuprepo remote.git
    localhost:~/Projects/Git/Play % mkdir local.git
    localhost:~/Projects/Git/Play % cd local.git
    localhost:..Git/Play/local.git % cg-init -minitial .
    defaulting to local storage area
    Committing initial tree 4b825dc642cb6eb9a060e54bf8d69288fbee4904
    Committed as 6b9850a86bbe2d07bbdaa0c5595c8f4c0423b13c.
    localhost:..Git/Play/local.git % cg-branch-add origin "$(cd ..; pwd)/remote.git#master"
    localhost:..Git/Play/local.git % cg-branch-ls
    origin  /Users/merlyn/Projects/Git/Play/remote.git#master
    localhost:..Git/Play/local.git % 

At this point, I'm where I was before.  And this next step worked,
although I had to say "origin":

    localhost:..Git/Play/local.git % cg-push
    WARNING: I guessed the host:path syntax was used and fell back to the git+ssh protocol.
    WARNING: The host:path syntax is evil because it is implicit. Please just use a URI.
    ssh: \033]2;[zsh] localhost: No address associated with nodename
    fatal: unexpected EOF

Uh, say what?  /some/file/foo.git#branch is no longer legal syntax?
Help!

How do I say /some/file on the local filesystem?  (I also tried
file:/some/file, and that didn't work either.)

-- 
Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge Consulting Services, Inc. - +1 503 777 0095
<[email-masked]> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
Perl/Unix/security consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
See PerlTraining.Stonehenge.com for onsite and open-enrollment Perl training!