Subject: Re: Reduced privileges install

From: [email-masked] (Randal L. Schwartz)
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 07:52:27 -0700

>>>>> "Matthieu" == Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]> writes:

Matthieu> In my case, it was GNU/Linux machines, so something may go wrong
Matthieu> because of a non-gnu system. Did you try compiling with gmake instead
Matthieu> of make?

Works fine for me on OSX.  Here's my build script:

get.git:

    cd ~/MIRROR/git-GIT && git fetch && git diff --stat live origin/master

make.git:

    cd ~/MIRROR/git-GIT &&
    git reset --hard origin/master &&
    make prefix=/opt/git all install quick-install-man &&
    git tag -f live HEAD

And everything (including the Perl bits) ends up under /opt/git.

I don't even run configure.  Not sure why I would. :)

-- 
Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge Consulting Services, Inc. - +1 503 777 0095
<[email-masked]> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
Smalltalk/Perl/Unix consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
See http://methodsandmessages.vox.com/ for Smalltalk and Seaside discussion