Subject: Re: lost again on syntax change - local repository?

From: [email-masked] (Randal L. Schwartz)
Date: 28 Nov 2005 06:46:09 -0800

>>>>> "Petr" == Petr Baudis <[email-masked]> writes:

Petr> Could you patch cg-push like
[yes]

Here's the result:

    localhost:~/Projects/git/Play % rm -rf *git
    localhost:~/Projects/git/Play % cg-admin-setuprepo remote.git
    localhost:~/Projects/git/Play % mkdir local.git
    localhost:~/Projects/git/Play % cd local.git
    localhost:..git/Play/local.git % cg-init -minitial
    defaulting to local storage area
    Committing initial tree 4b825dc642cb6eb9a060e54bf8d69288fbee4904
    Committed as 06223ad471c4f1c60da364310d1dd71a91310346.
    localhost:..git/Play/local.git % cg-branch-add origin "$(cd ..; pwd)/remote.git#master"              
    localhost:..git/Play/local.git % cg-branch-ls
    origin  /Users/merlyn/Projects/git/Play/remote.git#master
    localhost:..git/Play/local.git % cg-push
    using /Users/merlyn/Projects/git/Play/remote.git#master
    now using /Users/merlyn/Projects/git/Play/remote.git
    matched ':' in '/Users/merlyn/Projects/git/Play/remote.git'?
    WARNING: I guessed the host:path syntax was used and fell back to the git+ssh protocol.
    WARNING: The host:path syntax is evil because it is implicit. Please just use a URI.
    ssh: \033]2;[zsh] localhost: No address associated with nodename
    fatal: unexpected EOF

Well, that's curious, eh?

However, I get this:

    localhost:..git/Play/local.git % echo "/Users/merlyn/Projects/git/Play/remote.git" | grep -q ":"
    localhost:..git/Play/local.git % echo $status
    1

So, perhaps the "bash" on this system is broken for that elif chain?

localhost:..git/Play/local.git % bash --version
GNU bash, version 2.05b.0(1)-release (powerpc-apple-darwin8.0)
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Gah.  Yet Another Hidden Dependency.

-- 
Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge Consulting Services, Inc. - +1 503 777 0095
<[email-masked]> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
Perl/Unix/security consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
See PerlTraining.Stonehenge.com for onsite and open-enrollment Perl training!