Subject: Re: [PATCH] Cleanup of unused symcache variable inside diff-lib.c

From: Kjetil Barvik <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 21:50:29 +0100

Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]> writes:

<snipp>
>> --signoff
>
> If you had signed off on your commits already, not necessary.  (FWIW I 
> keep a sign off as a marker that I actually think this is good to be 
> submitted, or at least close.)

  From the Documentation/SubmittingPatches file, for me I think that the
  '-signoff' is supposed to mean:

  [....]
   - if you want your work included in git.git, add a "Signed-off-by:
     Your Name <[email-masked]>" line to the commit message (or just
     use the option "-s" when committing) to confirm that you agree to
     the Developer's Certificate of Origin
  [....]
  The sign-off is a simple line at the end of the explanation for the
  patch, which certifies that you wrote it or otherwise have the right
  to pass it on as a open-source patch.  The rules are pretty simple: if
  you can certify the below:

        Developer's Certificate of Origin 1.1

        By making a contribution to this project, I certify that:
  [....]
  then you just add a line saying

	Signed-off-by: Random J Developer <[email-masked]>

  This line can be automatically added by git if you run the git-commit
  command with the -s option.
  [....]
  
  And the 'a' and the 'd' in the DCO I do agree with in this particular
  situation, so I added a '--signoff' to the patches.

  -- kjetil