Subject: Re: Troubles when directory is replaced by symlink

From: Kjetil Barvik <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 00:51:35 +0200

James Pickens <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sun, Jun 14, 2009, Kjetil Barvik<[email-masked]> wrote:
>> From: Kjetil Barvik <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 15:08:28 +0200
>> Subject: [PATCH] lstat_cache: guard against full match of length of 'name' parameter
>
> My project ran into this bug today, and I can confirm that this patch
> fixes it.  I think it's an important bug; it hasn't been mentioned yet,
> but this can result in lost work if the user had modified, but not added,
> one of the files that Git wrongly deleted.
>
> So, what's the status of this patch?

  Sorry, have not have much time, and did not get any response on the
  patch, and I almost forgot about it for a while.

  But, since you say that the patch is ok, I shall try make a more
  "final" patch by 14:00 UTC Friday 26.

  Thanks for reminding me!

  -- kjetil