Subject: Re: [BUG] daemon.c blows up on OSX

From: [email-masked] (Randal L. Schwartz)
Date: 20 Dec 2006 14:35:12 -0800

>>>>> "Junio" == Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

Junio> [email-masked] (Randal L. Schwartz) writes:
>> Nope... can't compile:
>> ...
>> daemon.c:970: warning: implicit declaration of function 'initgroups'
>> make: *** [daemon.o] Error 1
>> 
>> This smells like we've seen this before.  Regression introduced with
>> some of the cleanup?

Junio> Most likely.  You were CC'ed on these messages:

Junio> 	<[email-masked]>
Junio> 	<[email-masked]>

I see in 979e32fa1483a32faa4ec331e29b357e5eb5ef25 that I had to change
some things for OpenBSD... I bet those are generic BSD things.

Lemme see if it breaks on OpenBSD as well.

Oddly enough - it didn't. :)

running "git version 1.4.4.3.g5485" on my openbsd box, but I can't get
there on my OSX box.

-- 
Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge Consulting Services, Inc. - +1 503 777 0095
<[email-masked]> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
Perl/Unix/security consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.