Subject: Re: What's in git.git

From: [email-masked] (Randal L. Schwartz)
Date: 21 Mar 2006 19:26:22 -0800

>>>>> "Randal" == Randal L Schwartz <[email-masked]> writes:

Randal> I'm waiting for that CVS tree to change again.  It changes every
Randal> 4-5 days.

Speaking of which, I *know* you sent me a patch to apply to incorporate the
one difference, but is there a more automatic way of cherry-picking
git-cvsimport.perl from "next" into a new topic branch of mine?

For example, I can do this:

$ git-checkout next
$ cp git-cvsimport.perl DUMMY
$ git-checkout -b my-playground
$ mv DUMMY git-cvsimport.perl
$ git-commit -a -m 'trying that other version'

But this wastes a commit.  Is there any way to get an index that simply
includes the file from that other branch?

-- 
Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge Consulting Services, Inc. - +1 503 777 0095
<[email-masked]> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
Perl/Unix/security consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
See PerlTraining.Stonehenge.com for onsite and open-enrollment Perl training!