Subject: [BUG] daemon.c blows up on OSX (was Re: What's in git.git (stable), and Announcing GIT 1.4.4.3)

From: [email-masked] (Randal L. Schwartz)
Date: 20 Dec 2006 14:20:42 -0800

>>>>> "Linus" == Linus Torvalds <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Is this really in master?  I'm still seeing one-hour times on
>> my Mac, using 8336afa563fbeff35e531396273065161181f04c.

Linus> Master right  now is at 54851157ac.

Yeah, 54 objects just pulled down.  Here we go.  Time for a test...

Nope... can't compile:

    gcc -o daemon.o -c -g -O2 -Wall  -I/sw/include -I/opt/local/include -DSHA1_HEADER='<openssl/sha.h>' -DNO_STRLCPY daemon.c
    daemon.c: In function 'parse_extra_args':
    daemon.c:414: warning: implicit declaration of function 'strncasecmp'
    daemon.c: In function 'socksetup':
    daemon.c:766: error: 'NI_MAXSERV' undeclared (first use in this function)
    daemon.c:766: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    daemon.c:766: error: for each function it appears in.)
    daemon.c:766: warning: unused variable 'pbuf'
    daemon.c: In function 'serve':
    daemon.c:970: warning: implicit declaration of function 'initgroups'
    make: *** [daemon.o] Error 1

This smells like we've seen this before.  Regression introduced with
some of the cleanup?

-- 
Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge Consulting Services, Inc. - +1 503 777 0095
<[email-masked]> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
Perl/Unix/security consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.