Subject: fc046a75d539a78e6b2c16534c4078617a69a327 fails on OpenBSD 3.8

From: [email-masked] (Randal L. Schwartz)
Date: 30 Jun 2006 09:57:03 -0700

gcc -o upload-pack.o -c -g -O2 -Wall -I/usr/local/include -DSHA1_HEADER='<openssl/sha.h>' -DNO_STRCASESTR upload-pack.c
In file included from /usr/include/sys/poll.h:54,
                 from upload-pack.c:9:
/usr/include/ctype.h:67: error: syntax error before ']' token
/usr/include/ctype.h:68: error: syntax error before ']' token
/usr/include/ctype.h:70: error: syntax error before ']' token
/usr/include/ctype.h:75: error: syntax error before ']' token
/usr/include/ctype.h:78: error: syntax error before '(' token
/usr/include/ctype.h:79: error: syntax error before '(' token
/usr/include/ctype.h:93: error: syntax error before "c"
In file included from /usr/include/sys/poll.h:54,
                 from upload-pack.c:9:
/usr/include/ctype.h:91:1: unterminated #if
/usr/include/ctype.h:40:1: unterminated #ifndef
In file included from upload-pack.c:9:
/usr/include/sys/poll.h:53:1: unterminated #ifndef
/usr/include/sys/poll.h:28:1: unterminated #ifndef
gmake: *** [upload-pack.o] Error 1

The lines in ctype.h that are probably relevant are:

    #if defined(__GNUC__) || defined(_ANSI_LIBRARY) || defined(lint)
    int	isalnum(int);
    int	isalpha(int);
    int	iscntrl(int);
    int	isdigit(int);
    int	isgraph(int);
    int	islower(int);
    int	isprint(int);
    int	ispunct(int);
    int	isspace(int);
    int	isupper(int);
    int	isxdigit(int);
    int	tolower(int);
    int	toupper(int);

Line 67 is "int isalnum(int)"

Are you defining a macro when you shouldn't be in upload-pack?

-- 
Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge Consulting Services, Inc. - +1 503 777 0095
<[email-masked]> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
Perl/Unix/security consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
See PerlTraining.Stonehenge.com for onsite and open-enrollment Perl training!