Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] tig 0.8

From: [email-masked] (Randal L. Schwartz)
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 04:23:05 -0700

>>>>> "Jonas" == Jonas Fonseca <[email-masked]> writes:

Jonas> A new version of tig has been released. It mainly contains bugfixes,
Jonas> most importantly for regressions in the pager mode.

I know you know what tig is.  I know *I* could figure out what
tig is by going through the mailing list, or by pulling down the
entire distro from the following:

Jonas> Get the tarball at http://jonas.nitro.dk/tig/releases/
Jonas> or pull it from git://repo.or.cz/tig.git

But an affect announcement of "tig" (even an update release) should probably
include at least one sentence of what it is, so I can decide whether to be
interested or ignore it.  My default is ignore it.

Since you have boilerplace for this, you can fix this once, and not worry
about it after that. :)

I'm saying this publicly so that other announcements might also be improved,
not that I've previously noticed any other confusion.

-- 
Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge Consulting Services, Inc. - +1 503 777 0095
<[email-masked]> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
Perl/Unix/security consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
See PerlTraining.Stonehenge.com for onsite and open-enrollment Perl training!