Subject: Re: [PATCH] doc: add discord to ways of getting help

From: Collin Funk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2025 12:57:52 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

>> The joining link was generated with a never expire policy.
>
> Now we cannot take it back as the link is already in the list
> archive, even if we wanted to retract it?  Then there is no extra
> harm done if I applied this patch to my tree and the documentation
> update becomes part of a release in the future ;-)

It may be better to use the link already shared on
https://git-scm.com/community .

>> +==== https://discord.gg/dxGanGcBSP[#discord] on Discord
>> +This is the unofficial Git Discord server for everyone, from people just
>> +starting out with Git to those who develop it. It's a great place to ask
>> +questions, share tips, and connect with the broader Git community in real time.
>> +
>> +The server has channels for general discussions and specific channels for those
>> +who use Git and those who develop it. The server's search functionality also
>> +allows you to find previous conversations and answers to common questions.
>> +
>
> "the unofficial" -> "an unofficial", perhaps, as by definition an
> unofficial thing is not something the project _endorsed_ to be the
> one and only one?

+1 for that wording.

Collin