Subject: Re: [PATCH] l10n: fr.po unfuzzy commented entries

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 23:42:11 +0100

On Mon, Feb 25 2019, Jean-Noël Avila wrote:

> The 0.14.4 gettext release was back in 2005, so presumably this is due
> to some GPLv3 allergy of NetBSD's. The OS version itself is 7.1,
> released a couple of years ago.

So this one pargaraph of commit message is just a paragraph from my
E-Mail upthread, but out of context it's just confusing.

> -#, fuzzy
> +#
>  #~| msgid "git archive [<options>] <tree-ish> [<path>...]"
>  #~ msgid "git diff --no-index [<options>] <path> <path>"
>  #~ msgstr "git archive [<options>] <arbre ou apparenté> [<chemin>...]"

This still results in the same issue. Sorry, by "unfuzzying" I thought
you meant change these translations so they'd no longer be commented out
and would actually have a translation.

The problem is that there's two msgid lines, so e.g. this on top of
yours "fixes" it:

     #
    -#~| msgid "git archive [<options>] <tree-ish> [<path>...]"
     #~ msgid "git diff --no-index [<options>] <path> <path>"
     #~ msgstr "git archive [<options>] <arbre ou apparenté> [<chemin>...]"

But isn't a better fix on top of master just:

    sed -i '22477,$ d' po/fr.po

That results in 1500 lines removed from the end. I.e. what's the point
of keeping those old now-unused translations around?