Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/5] Fix the racy split index problem

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 15:53:24 +0200

On Thu, Sep 27 2018, SZEDER Gábor wrote:

> This is the second attempt to fix the racy split index problem, which
> causes occasional failures in several random test scripts when run
> with 'GIT_TEST_SPLIT_INDEX=yes'.  The important details are in patches
> 1 and 5 (corresponding to v1's 3 and 5).

Thanks. I'm running the same sorts of tests I noted in
https://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/ on
this. The fix Jeff had that you noted in
https://public-inbox.org/git/20180906151439.GA8016@localhost/ is now in
"master".

I take it your
https://github.com/szeder/git/commits/racy-split-index-fix is the same
as this submission? Anyway, I'm testing that cherry-picked on top of the
latest master.

Unfortunate that we couldn't get the isolated test you made in
https://public-inbox.org/git/20180907034942.GA10370@localhost/ but I
don't see how it could be added without some very liberal
getenv("GIT_TEST_blahblah"), so it's probably best to not add it,
particularly with the C rewrite of git-stash in-flight.

I'll report back when I have enough test data to say how these patches
affect the intermittent test failures under GIT_TEST_SPLIT_INDEX=yes.