Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.0.0

From: David Kastrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 09:24:09 +0200

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 11:52:24AM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
>
>> Some mailing list filters and/or spam filters flag mails with too many
>> recipients so that they need to pass through moderation first.  The
>> typical threads on this list are short and have few recipients while
>> longer threads, due to the list policy of adding every participants to
>> the Cc, will tend to have more recipients.
>
> AFAIK, vger does not do anything like this. They block HTML, messages
> lacking a message-id, messages over 100K, and certain taboo phrases:
>
>   http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html#taboo
>
> And anyway, I do not think vger is responsible here. The messages were
> delivered through the list, and other archives have them. This looks
> like a gmane problem.

I am reading more than one list through Gmane/nntp, and in the last
years it was not infrequent that delivery paused for even days and/or
spurious old messages from the last day or even more were getting
redelivered.

> According to gmane.org, their admins will look manually at messages
> flagged as spam, but I find it unlikely that they flagged several days
> worth of git traffic (and when they do, I think they cross-post them
> to a spam group in NNTP, and the messages do not seem to be marked as
> such). So I think this really is just a bug.

Quite so.  In particular when other mirrors got the messages timely.

-- 
David Kastrup