Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Sep 2021, #09; Thu, 30)

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2021 14:05:20 +0200

On Thu, Sep 30 2021, Junio C Hamano wrote:

[I figure for this topic update of mine I'll do the split E-Mails as
dicussed in last What's Cooking, also maybe my relatively long updates
to past ones have discouraged reading...]

> * ab/designated-initializers-more (2021-09-27) 6 commits
>  - builtin/remote.c: add and use SHOW_INFO_INIT
>  - builtin/remote.c: add and use a REF_STATES_INIT
>  - urlmatch.[ch]: add and use URLMATCH_CONFIG_INIT
>  - builtin/blame.c: refactor commit_info_init() to COMMIT_INFO_INIT macro
>  - daemon.c: refactor hostinfo_init() to HOSTINFO_INIT macro
>  - Merge branch 'ab/designated-initializers' into ab/designated-initializers-more
>  (this branch uses ab/designated-initializers.)
>
>  Code clean-up.
>
>  What's the status of this one?  Meh?

I just re-rolled this as
https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

As noted there I've got meaningful leak fixes that in some cases
semi-depend on this, but I did more conversions than strictly needed for
immediate follow-up I have. I'd prefer to just got this particular churn
over with if there's more memset()->*_INIT migrations needed.

So it would be great if that would be a s/Meh/grudging acceptance for
'next'/. I promise I'm taking it somewhere worthwhile :)