Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 7/7] ci: accelerate the checkout

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2021 10:54:48 +0200

On Sat, Jul 03 2021, Johannes Schindelin via GitGitGadget wrote:

> From: Johannes Schindelin <[email-masked]>
>
> By upgrading from v1 to v2 of `actions/checkout`, we avoid fetching all
> the tags and the complete history: v2 only fetches one revision by
> default. This should make things a lot faster.
>
> Note that `actions/checkout@v2` seems to be incompatible with running in
> containers: https://github.com/actions/checkout/issues/151. Therefore,
> we stick with v1 there.

I'd suggest that we shouldn't link to a "closed" issue here and instead
to what seems to be the successor issue:
https://github.com/actions/checkout/issues/334

But looking at #151 most of the issue is a bazillion commit references
to this commit being rebased again and again, seems like github isn't
especially well set up for the "spam" our perpetual rebasing of the same
commits causes :)