Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] sha1-file: test the error behavior of alt_odb_usable()

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2019 10:45:45 +0200

On Tue, Apr 09 2019, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> Yup. Just wanted to get the patch to test what we do *currently* out,
>>> might loop back to finishing up the rest of this.
>>
>> Junio: *ping* about picking up this trivial test coverage improvement
>
> I was waiting for you to make up your mind about your earlier "might
> loop back to finishing up".  For a topic like this, for which the
> ball has been in your court for a long time, just resending would be
> easier to handle than pinging, as I do not remember much about the
> original attempt anyway ;-)

I don't know when I'll get to finishing the rest of it.

I'll leave it up to you if you want to queue just the test patch or drop
it. I figured I'd re-send just that since I figured just fixing the
blindspot of the current behavior would be a good thing on its own, not
as an endorsement of the current behavior, just a "this is the current
known behavior" regression test.