Subject: Re: Compile error due to po/fr.po on old gettext in v2.21.0

From: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 21:59:21 +0100

On Mon, Feb 25 2019, Jean-Noël AVILA wrote:

> On Monday, 25 February 2019 21:19:53 CET Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:
>> On a NetBSD test box I have with msgfmt 0.14.4 v2.21.0 fails to compile.
>>
>> I didn't spot this in rc2 because b3225a4183 ("l10n: fr.po v2.21.0 rnd
>> 2", 2019-02-13) along with the rest of i18n updates gets pulled in after
>> all the RCs.
>>
>> I.e. this is because of the comments being parsed (fuzzy comments).
>>
>> The 0.14.4 gettext release was back in 2005, so presumably this is due
>> to some GPLv3 allergy of NetBSD's. The OS version itself is 7.1,
>> released a couple of years ago.
>>
>
> I kept the commented entries as a translation memory, even when they are
> fuzzy.
>
> Would unfuzzying these entries resolve the issue?

Yeah it seems so. I think specifically it's complaining that even for
comments there needs to be a msgid/msgstr pair, whereas in those fuzzy
comments there's 2/1 instead of 1/1.