Subject: Re: git push --all --tags

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 19:33:30 +0100

Scott Schmit <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 06:58:36PM +0300, Konstantin Khomoutov wrote:
>> On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 04:44:19 +0000 (UTC) Ryan Jacobs wrote:
>> > $ git push --all --tags
>> > error: --all and --tags are incompatible
>> > 
>> > Why are these flags incompatible? Just wondering 'cause I think that
>> > it would be a good feature to be able to push all of your branches
>> > and all of your tags to the server in one quick and simple command.
>> 
>>   git push --mirror
>> 
>> should do this.
>
> Except that mirror also deletes anything removed locally.  --all and
> --tags don't.

And --mirror pushes really all refs, including remote-tracking ones,
mirroring all ref namespaces as is.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."