Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] Documentation/git-rebase.txt: discuss --fork-point assumption of vanilla "git rebase" in DESCRIPTION.

From: Sergey Organov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 00:17:48 +0400

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:
> Sergey Organov <[email-masked]> writes:
>

[...]

>> As asked by Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>, the newly introduced
>> 'fork_point' term has been described.
>>
>
> I suspect "will be used as a fallback" might be easier to understand
> what is going on instead of "will be used instead", but other than
> that, the new explanation of what fork-point is is a very welcome
> update, I think.

Yeah, sure. Wasn't satisfied with the wording myself.

[...]

> The patch failed to apply

Sorry about it.

> Applying: Documentation/git-rebase.txt: discuss --fork-point assumption of vanilla "git rebase" in DESCRIPTION.
> fatal: corrupt patch at line 38

I rather get:

$ git apply x.patch
x.patch:38: trailing whitespace.
	introduced by <branch>. 
warning: 1 line adds whitespace errors.

I've used 'git format-patch' to prepare the patch. Shouldn't it warn
about such things? Or what should I do to avoid such problems in the
future? 

>
> but the fix-up is trivial, so no need to resend.

Thanks.

-- 
Sergey.