Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 0/4] refs/files: fix issues with git-fetch on case-insensitive FS

From: Toon Claes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2025 16:27:37 +0200

Karthik Nayak <[email-masked]> writes:

> I did respond to Justin, I think there were a few small nits around
> grammar in the commit messages and a question around error reporting.
>
> I have applied the grammar fixes locally and don't think they warrant a
> re-roll. Regarding the error reporting. I think it is good the way it
> is.
>
> So I would say this is good as is and I will refrain for sending in
> a new version, unless there is some other concern.

I also gave it a round of review, and I agree it's good to go.

I've noticed another issue though, at the moment it's possible to create
a ref like `refs/heads/foo.Lock`. I can image this gives issue when the
remote has `refs/heads/foo` and `refs/heads/foo.Lock` and you pull those
in on a case-insensitive FS. Unfortunately I wasn't able to verify this.
But anyhow, I don't think that any reason to hold back on this current
patch series. I approve.

-- Toon